First things first, a locking system for the bipod. It flopped around a lot on the pre-production version so I have added locking lugs. This should hold it in both deployed and carry positions.
The new receiver and trigger group. The shape has been changed significantly, losing the fore-end entirely which allows for a much stronger wood fore-stock. The back has been extended to fill out the buttstock and support it fully.
The pistol grip has also changed to fit the new grips I am making.
I bought in some repro grips from the US and modified them with polymorph to fill in the air gap and make them really solid.
I then made rubber moulds of these modified grips and poured copies.
The new magazine well is a big improvement. It locks up very tightly on the magazine.
I have modified the Sten barrel to fit an extension. The gas port is welded directly onto the receiver.
The new foregrip in place. This is much more solid than the first version and will have a correct-looking curve across the top.
I sanded down the woodwork and stained it. Finishing it with hardwax oil.
I then cut a slot matching that in the receiver up into the gas tube for the operating handle in order to allow it to move.
Some of the new parts having their first coat of paint. I’m looking into 3D printed versions of some of these, but need to test out the strength of the parts.
In position on the gun.
The bipod locked down, so far, so good!
The new gas tube cover.
There are a few other small changes, but this article covers the vast majority. I hope to have the first production model completed this week!